Leaving your CAM in the HOT CAR !?!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I have the Canon XL1s stowed away in a pro box that is metal and some other form of protection with the foam interior. It locks for security and it very durable.

My question is: I live in Texas and it is really hot for long periods of time and I left my camera in the box in my truck for about a week. I’m sure it would be said that it is not a good idea. But does anyone know for sure what that heat exposure can really do? The tapes are in that box too. Is it going to ruin my tape quality? Will it screw up my camera (suggesting that it is NOT hot enough to actually melt any of the actual camera components)?

Does my cam need to stay really really cool (around 70 degrees) like the equipment in a TV station? Or is that just for the computer equipment, etc. ?

What can heat (not in direct sunlight) do to your equipment? How do I combat this if I do have to leave it in my hot truck?

Participant

oh my, you suuuuuuuure got that right. it’d be like, hmmmm, CAMERA BAG OR BEEEEEEER…. OK, BEEEEERRRRR! Shoot, I would! HA HA!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap