Lavalier Mics

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

My pastor has asked me to take my Canon XL2 camcorder and videotape the sermons on Sunday morning. Currently he uses a Lavalier mic connected to the soundboard of the church, and my camcorder has the original onboard mic it came with. Is there a way to connect a Lavalier receiver to my camera that will also pick up the signal coming from his mic?

You would need another receiver on the same channel, and depending on your audio setup (I have XL1 and GL2 units, but not an XL2, but should be similar) you would either eliminate the on-camera mic input, or record on-camera to one channel and the wireless input on the other. I’m not an all-knowing audio engineer, but do know this is a problem with a solution. Perhaps others will pipe in here with a more exact solution.

Participant

Thanks for the expertise so far Earl, it’s great to know there are people who have been through this and know somewhat how to fix it. By the way, I just sent you an emil.

Fred

Sent you a reply Fred πŸ™‚ Thanks, interest is appreciated.

Participant

Can you just run a patch from the soundboard to your camera mic input?

DNSVideoDNSVideo
      Participant

Run a feed from the soundboard to the sending unit, usually the one connected to the mic end of a wireless receiver setup. Then attach the receiver and portable power supply to your camcorder or monopod or tripod. Get a cable that runs from the receiver to the mic input of your camcorder. Putting a Y cable here and running the other feed to a pair of headphones would help immensely

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera on a hand held stabilizer

Best camera stabilizers for video β€” 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap