Lavalier mic connected but GL2’s mic still picking up audio?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Consumer Camcorders Lavalier mic connected but GL2’s mic still picking up audio?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hi,

I’m new here and I’m in urgent need of some help for my GL2 since I have a shoot first thing tomorrow.

I recently purchased a lavelier system and I hooked up it to the GL2. Everything worked fine except for the fact that the built in mic on the GL2 is picking up audio instead of the lavalier. I tried messing around with the settings/reading the manuals but it’s not working. I’m using a 1/8 cable to the AV in on the GL2 from a 1/8 coming from the out unbalanced on the receiver.

This is a Samson UHF Series One I’m using by the way. Any assistance ASAP would be VERY appreciated.

Thanks

Participant

instead of going into the AV jack on the back, use either the mic (green input I belive) input on the side or buy the xlr hot shoe adapter. Hope that is a start.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap