Lavalier mic connected but GL2’s mic still picking up audio?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Consumer Camcorders Lavalier mic connected but GL2’s mic still picking up audio?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      BrandontheGreat
      Participant

Hi,

I’m new here and I’m in urgent need of some help for my GL2 since I have a shoot first thing tomorrow.

I recently purchased a lavelier system and I hooked up it to the GL2. Everything worked fine except for the fact that the built in mic on the GL2 is picking up audio instead of the lavalier. I tried messing around with the settings/reading the manuals but it’s not working. I’m using a 1/8 cable to the AV in on the GL2 from a 1/8 coming from the out unbalanced on the receiver.

This is a Samson UHF Series One I’m using by the way. Any assistance ASAP would be VERY appreciated.

Thanks πŸ˜•

moglepro
      Participant

I read through the manual the other day and don’t recall it mentioning any details about using an external mic either. Did you try a different cable? Are you sure your connection is good?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.