Laptop wont recognise device

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a 4 year old very seldom used JVC GR-D270E Mini DV.

I have finally decided its time to work out how to link it to my laptop so asI might be able to transfer some tapes onto DVD for easy distribution amongst my family.

I have all the cables and a recently perchased express card firewire adapter.

Using Movie Maker, when I connect everything together the laptop “cannot recognise any digital video divice”

I have followed all the trouble shooting and re tried everything on another laptop with the same results.

Am I missing something obvious that maybe someone else has experienced or have I got to find a service center and get this looked at.

Thanks, Narrad.

Inactive

You should either find a friend with a Mac compouter and use his Firewire for transferring the video to a DVD, or buy a cable:

http://support.jvc.com/consumer/support/support.jsp?pageID=1&item=4#289

Regards,

Menashe

Inactive

a mac? oh brother…anotherold thread…probably figured out by now…no matter

try several things…check your BIOS to make sure your extra slots are turned on, see if theres software for your firewire card and run it, check your hardware device managerto see if your card is listed and working (control panel>system>hardware>device manager), try different slots for your firewire card, tryhaving the camera already playing videobefore clicking capture, try using another capture program like WinDV

when you post, it’s helpful to know your OS and rig info

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap