Laptop Upgrade Question

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am currently editing on a HP Laptop:

2.20GHz AMD Processor
      3GB of RAM
      320GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive

with Premiere Pro CS5.5. How much would a memory upgrade to 8GB help my performance?

Participant

What O/S are you using?  Windows 7?  This is important because of the memory limitations of 32-bit  vs 64-bit, etc.

Inactive

Yes, I am using Windows 7 64-bit.

Participant

You’ll see some improvement- if you can upgrade your video card, that’ll help too.

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

I recently bought additional RAM for my Macbook Pro (from 4GB to 8GB) and had seen some improvement in speed (I have Premiere CS5). Of course you can’t expect to miraculously improve the performance of your laptop, but at least you will be able to run more apps at the same time. Also in Premiere Pro go to memory preferences and allocate more RAM to Premiere and less for other apps. This will help Premiere work faster.

Inactive

Would this help with an issue I have often where the computer freezes up? This is what I would like to fix the most, not necessarily just speed of the application. If I could fix this alone, it would save a lot of time. I currently have Premiere to use as much of my system memory as possible.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs for video — 2021

These are the best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs on the market today, organized by use case. All are worthy of your hard-earned dollar.
homicide-bootstrap