laptop needed for editing

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

hello all

im new to video editing and do a little on my home pc but im going traveling soon and wish to film and edit my time out there can anyone advise me on a relly good laptop to buy i have a budget of about 1000 – 1500 im looking for something fast with good graphics video card and if possible portable, someone suggested a Sony sz3 or sz4 can anyone give me any ideas or suggestions on what laptop to buy,

also i want to get a new camcorder has to be good quality small and portable and easy connecting to the laptop ive been advised to get a camcorder with a hard drive in ive got a budget of about 700 upwards can anyone give me ideas of what would be best and what to look out for.

And any good editing software that i can buy to edit on my laptop

ill be filming and editing fighting events like cage fighting and muay thai so ill need a camcorder that can shot fast action in a dark enviroment with good zoom.

and ideas and comment are much Appreciated

thanks

Inactive

Everyone has their favorite software, mine is Vegas. Really nice program, doesn’t need monster video card (everything is run through the processor), excellent support community, more than one way to do things is the program, the only limitation to it is your imagination. When choosing your laptop, you need to make sure that the Hard Drive speed is 5400 rpm or higher (you DO NOT want to capture the footage to the hard drive containing the operating system, so you will need a extra drive). Make sure that the camera you get has a good lux rating (the lower the number, the better) and has firewire output or you will need to get a analog to digital coverter.

Good Luck.

Inactive

cheers Johnboy im going to check out vegas to day (hope im a high roller) when you said i needed an extra hard drive so i dont save to the operating system is that because it would slow the system down? and would a external hard drive be ok to use as well (i think the answers yes but i just want to make sure)

cheers Johnboy

Inactive

you don’t want to capture to the system drive and have a system operation start up say like a virus scan, or an incoming email that could affect the capturing of the video stream, possibly or more than likely dropping frames or stuttering the timecode.

John

Inactive

i understand what you mean now cheers John much appreciated

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap