Laptop for Editing using Vegas Pro 8.0???

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Laptop for Editing using Vegas Pro 8.0???

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am looking for a good video editing laptop so that I can edit when I am away from the studio.

Iam close to purchasing an HP with the following specs but that I would get all your opinions first…

Windows Vista 64 Bit

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9550

4GB DDR2 System Memory

500 GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

1 GB NVidia Ge Force GT 130M

16″ HD Screen

Thoughts?????

Inactive

shouldwork just fine, but, you might have a data transfer rate problem with the hard drive at 5400. I would suggest an external drive for video files.

John

Inactive

I will agree about the 54, if you could find another comp in the same price range that sports a 7200RPM HD then you might give that a try, otherwise look for an external for the vid files as JohnBoy said. Also, Gateway has a rig out now with DDR3 ram which is slightly more stable and faster. If the price is similar, you might check it out.

Other than those two things, the rig looks good, and trust me, you will love that nvidia card.

Inactive

Thanks alot for the feedback…I did take into account your comments and have redesigned a laptop with the following specs…

Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

• Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor P8700 (2.53GHz)
    • 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) – For 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 130M
    • 500GB 7200RPM SATA Dual Hard Drive (250GB x 2) with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
    • 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 130M – For DDR3 Memory
    • 18.4″ diagonal High Definition HP Ultra BrightView Infinity Display (1920x1080p)
    • Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer
    • I am assuming base don the comments that this machine would do the trick?

Inactive

you shouldn’t have any regrets with that setup

Participant

With an external firewire 7200 RPM hdd, I would think so…especially for DV. You should be fine.

For HD/HDV you might want a RAID 0 external HDD (like the GRAID or other NAS RAID 0 device).

I hope that helps.

Norman

• Viewing 5 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
    homicide-bootstrap