Kodak suing Photo hosting site (May sue all)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Gregory
      Participant

OK remember when Al Gore claimed he invented the Internet? Well now Kodak is claiming that they hold ALL rights to storage and public display of any and all images. They are going after Sutterfly right now (test case?) They will end up going after all photo hosting site. How can any company claim that they “own” the rights that allow people to store and display photos? Lets see public sharing of photos on the Internet began about 1992 in digital BB’s. (remember the binary code that had to be recompiled?) Where was Kodak then? Still in the days of Poloriod, they had no idea where technology would go with photos, so how can they say their storage rights apply to digital?

Greed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12050694

Grinner Hester
      Participant

well, that’s one way to get consumers to stop buying their paper.

Not a smart move from a PR perspective.

D0n
      Participant

well I own the rights to “complaining on the internet”.

You both owe me a nickel. And don’t complain about, or you’ll owe me another nickel.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Don, that was probably the best response I could have imagined. Made me LOL. (see, no complaining here, ha ha)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best products of 2021

Best products of 2021

With so many great products this year, we've taken the time to review the best of the best. These are our picks for the best products of 2021.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN