keying or exporting problem?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am running into a problem with Premiere Pro with which
      looks to be an exporting problem. My comp as of now consists of a chroma keyed
      person on a still background. The keying looks fine in the preview window even
      when it is expanded to full screen. When I exported this segment (to bring into
      After Effects) the keyed person had a lot of fuzzy and transparent spots.
      Parts of it seemed like the like from the still was bleeding through. I have tried exporting in several formats
      including mpeg4. Is this a problem with exporting or keying. If it is with
      exporting does anyone have a solution?

Thanks a lot,

Alex

Participant

Are you absolutely sure it looks fine in the preview? Have you tried previewing at maximum quality?

Participant

In SVP, there’s something called render quality, which has to be set to best.

Other than that, I couldn’t tell you, other than what PJMcConnell said.

Participant

Fuzzy and transparent spots sounds more like you are keying out a portion of the figure in addition to the screen color. You would need to preview the alpha in the Program monitor to confirm that though. What I don’t understand though is if you are taking the footage into After Effects anyway why would you be keying out the footage in Premiere. The keying tools in AE are superior to the ones in Premiere.

Inactive

When green screening you must have a video colour space better than 4:2:0 which is a compressed colour space like MPEG. You must use as a minimum 4:1:1 like that in DV AVI or QT uncompressed. There must be chroma information on every pixel and line. As a side note, your lighting must be bright and uniform across your background.

Participant

Hi to All,

Your problem look like a keying problem, you use toowideor broad range color selection and use some color filling your picture. To correct this use the Threshold button or the tolerance button to reduce the pixel range selection.

To test your procedure use a paint program and make a jpeg 720 x 480 or 640 x 480 fill the background with pure green RGB code R=0, G=255 and B=0 write a big letter over the background use white color or any color except green. Save the JPG format and try your procedure. The result must be perfect using a narrow range pixel selection.

From your existing work export in JPG a frame containing your green picture and using a paint program use the eye dropper to check the uniformity of the background color and the picture (RGB code)

Check the variation of the background.

Normally the Windows Paint program use the Edit colors function, and Custom color selection to access the eyedropper. Any paint program can be use.

Regards,

YR

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap