Keep up the good work!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I just wanted to say that it seems like some of the bugs that have been reported have been fixed. It’s good to know that you guys are very serious about making sure the forum works and are actively working on bugs we report.

So I just wanted to give you guys some positive feedback to keep your energy up. If you keep up this pace, the forum will be bug-free in no time!

🙂

Inactive

They had a meeting last week, so I think they have some direction. I still hate the red, but I got their email saying these items were on the table. Patience is going to be needed.

Participant

Most of the bugs have been fixed. One of the problems that’s being working on is a posting issue in Opera.

Just to give some background on the coding process…

The site is coded using W3C standards. Initial testing is done in Firefox. Firefox was chosen because it is the most popular of the standards based browser. Although it’s leaps and bounds better than version 6, IE7 doesn’t qualify since it’s still not close enough to the standards.

Once everything is working properly, IE7 and IE6 hacks are added. For IE6 the goal is make the page functional, but not necessarily up to the visual quality of the modern web browsers(Opera/Firefox/Safari/IE7). For major design changes, Opera and Safari are tested as well. However for single pages this usually isn’t necessary. For the most part testing in either Opera, Safari or Firefox is as good as testing in all three.

Feel free to email me directly if something isn’t working correctly (bugs). If it’s an aesthetic issue (ex. red text), please post to the forum for discussion.

Rather than have my email addresses harvested… I’ll just give an obvious hint. myforumusername@videomaker.com

Thanks again for all of your feedback! (and keep it coming)

Inactive

I don’t see Firefox as the dominate browser- IE6/7 is still the standard as I see it. Choosing a standard that few use doesn’t make sense. My web site is visited by nearly every country that has electricity and IE6/7 is way up on the list.

map

browsers kbvp.com

Participant

Firefox is the most dominant of the standards based browsers. The leading standards based browsers are Firefox, Safari and Opera. Although it is much more promising than IE6, IE7 still falls short when it comes to the standards. One example is this table of browser CSS compatibility.

Here’s the current browser breakdown for Videomaker.com

• 32% IE7
      • 31% Gecko (Firefox, Mozilla/SeaMonkey, Netscape)
      • 26% IE6
      • 10% Safari
      • 1% Opera
      Inactive

Understand…getting everything to work is the bottom line. My site(Drupal) was designed for the average and tested in both Firefox and IE6.

My comments are for the overall good and, as you can see from my site, I push Videomaker in links and subscription. 🙂

Participant

Thanks again for the feedback. Your screen grab also reminded me that I need to go to the next show at Beale AFB.

BTW, Just in case nobody else noticed… the box for posting can resized. It took me a few weeks to notice this small feature.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
homicide-bootstrap