JVC MG335 PLEASE HELP and THANKS!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have been a JVC fan for years I bought my last JVC product I will every buy a JVC MG335. I bought this camera about a year ago and with all the problems I have had with the POOR Cyberlink software that comes with it did not use it much. I have had more time on my hand lately so I started playing around with it again. After MANY emails to customer service with JVC and Cyberlink I have found out they are not much help if any!!!!!!!! Basically JVS just blow me off. Cybelink set me s link to other software then what came with the camera but it is not much better if any. I get errors all the time and I have tried it on two different computers with the same operating system XP Pro and get the exact same errors.

I understand about JVC format and was wondering what is a GOOD software that will work with this camera that I will be able to change the format so I do not have to use the VERY POOR Cyberlink software to play it back. Right now I can play it with other software like Windows Media Player and others but do not have any sound. The only way I can play it back and have sound is to use the POOR Cyblerlink software.

I want to be able to burn DVDs so I can give them to friends and family and they will be able to play them and have sound with out having to use Cyberlink software to do it.
      Thanks

Participant

The software that came with your camcorder is probably Cyberlink PowerDirector Express – Cyberlink’s own “Windows Movie Maker”. All of JVC’s hard disk camcorders record in MPEG-2, or AVCHD if the format is HD. If you’re looking to convert your video due to compatibility issues, import it with PowerDirector and render it in a different format.

Anyway, what type of errors did you get with PowerDirector? There may be a problem withyour computersystem or avirus.Possibly some corrupted system files or simply a slow processor. Have you rebooted your system and got the same errors?I know that it has happened to my PC when nothing can run or install.

Participant

Thanks for the reply!
      Yes as stated in my post it is Cybelink software. I tried the software on two different computers both with XP Pro. My lap top that has the smallest processor is 1.50 gigs with RAM of 1.25 gigs. I got the exact error on both computers. Not long ago I up graded my lap top from XP Home to XP Pro and did a full restoration and did all the service packs so I do not think I have a virus. From what I have read on many forums I am not the only one having problems with the Cybelink software.

As stated above in my post Cybelink sent me a link to newer software and still had some problems. One of the problems with the new software was I could not even open power director and they sent me another links for other software but was out of town and the time limit ran out. Once again I tried the software on both my computers. Sorry been a while since I did much with it and not sure exactly what the errors where but will try to found out.

I got the sound to work on other programs like Windows Meide Player, Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 by installing a AC3 filter program but does not help unless I get all that I give a DVD to unless they all so install the program.

Is there any software I can buy that is NOT Cyberlink that will do what I would like.
      Thanks

Participant

I have been playing around with Cyberlink Power Director and got an error (this program is not responding) then I closed it once and went to open it up it said Concurrent user session are not supported rebooted and was working again.

Participant

Are you looking for some good editing software, or are you looking for a way to convert your MPEG-2 (.MOD or .TOD) video into something more compatible to edit?

http://www.avsmedia.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx

Participant

Thanks for the link what do you recommend for editing software?

Participant

Since the link you posted says Windows Vista compatible video card wonder if my card will work as I am running XP Professional.

Participant

What file name do I use to play it back on a DVD player like used with a TV??

Thanks

Participant

A basic method for editing would be to get a video converter and then use Windows Movie Maker. If you want something easy and convenient, yet functional, check out AVS’s Free Video Editor.

Participant

Thank you very much for your input and help!

Participant

What is the most common format? Why is video not more like still pictures where JEPG is widely used and the most common as well as works in most situations? What format would I need to use to play a DVD back on a TV using a DVD player?
      Thanks

Participant

I was trying to convert the format on a 1.7 gig video and it took over 5 hours is this normal?

Participant

I had all sorts of problems with the AVS converter but this works great and MUCH I mean MUCH faster!!!!!!!!!
      http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap