JVC HD7 audio tip

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Got a couple of tips, borrowed from the film industry.

1: Audio recording. On a recent outdoor shoot that I had all of five minutes to prepare for after being asked to record it for webcast, I put a ZOOM H-4 SD card audio recorder on the ground in front of the PA speaker. In post-production (Using Movie Edit Pro 11) I simplysynched the audio track from the camera with the audio from the recorder. The recording was about 15 minutes long and I observed no drift in the synch. The other advantage was that the camera mic picked up a ton of wind noise that was not a problem for the recorder at ground level. I plan to make a zeppelin/fishpole arrangement for the H-4, which also sports a line level monitor output that could be dropped to mic level and fed directly to the camera. While not a shotgun, the X-Y microphones are highly directional.

(2) Audio monitoring: While browsing a local Costco, I stumbled across a “Rear View Video Camera Kit”. The part that caught my eye was that the 3.5″ LCD monitor had an aux A/V input. I simply take the A/V output from the camera, some RCA barrel connectors and a 12V battery pack to power the whole thing and Bingo! I have a video/audio monitor for director/sound use. One thing, since there is no volume control, use headphones that incorporate one. Closed-ear types work best. You can also enable your in-viewfinder audio level monitor, although it appears to be a bit on the slow side. The price of the camera, monitor and cables in a blister pack? $69.95! I’m still figuring out what use I can put the tiny color camera to, it broadcasts wi-fi 2.7 GHz video directly to the little monitor with a range of roughly 30ft.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN