JVC GR-HD1

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

B & H has the JVC GR-HD1 listed under high definition. The price makes me think otherwise. Anyone with experience with this camera? I was asked by a client the other day if my equipment is HDTV. There’s a market now for videographers who shoot in HD.
      Thanks

Inactive

Digital Video Wrote:

There’s a market now for videographers who shoot in HD.
      Thanks

Of course there is! It’s going to get worse too. I’m thinking by 2008 everything will be HD.

Look how audio evolved: Live, radio, vinyl, reel to reel, 8 track, cassette, CD, mpegs & Ipods, XFM satellite, ????.

When’s it going to end! X-D

RAM

Participant

Thats what I understand, 2008 will be the cut off. I ordered a 2nd GL2 the other day but canceled it upon thinking about HD. I would rather make the investment and start advertising as HD. There’s alot of people that made a 3-5 thousand investment in there HDTV and would expect the same quality. If people have HDTV at there house already why not offer the best quality. If the JVC GR-HD1 is sub par I’ll look into the Sony. I love Canon but not for 8,000.

Participant

the jvc is a single chip camera, not going to get really good picture even if it is HDV. This considering chip size, color, contrast, etc. I would go with the sony, oh wait… I did:)

Later
      ~Adam

Inactive

I’m sure you are correct, but do you have several short clips using each format that shows the difference?

Participant

From samples I’ve watched on Youtube, the JVC GR-HD1 performs pretty well in terms of color reproduction, though most of the samples were outdoors. As far as video performance, they’ve jammed a lot of it into a 1/3″ CCD single-chip camcorder. I’ve been considering this as my first business step into the world of professional video (and go HD to future proof my investments). My only complaint is that the recording options are fairly limiting. The only HD option shoots 1280×720/30p video, providing to Standard-Def options – 720×480/60i and 60p.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Mobile Workstation Buyer's Guide

The best laptops for video editing — 2020

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap