JVC EVERIO MG37U 30GB

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I RECENTLY BOUGHT AN EVERIO MG37 30GB AND AN EVERIO SHARE STATION (DVD BURNER)
      SO FAR I HATE THIS PIECE OF %$#&^*.BEING NEW TO MORE EXPENSIVE CAMCORDERS I THOUGHT THIS ONE WOULD BE VERY EASY AND ALONG WITH THE EVERIO DVD BURNER(SHARE STATION) A GREAT COMBO.THE ONLY THING EASY IS NOT HAVING TO USE A TAPE OR DISC.THEY GAVE ME CYBERLINK SOFTWARE POWER PRODUCER,POWER DIRECTOR,POWER DVD,POWER 2GO AND SO FAR IVE MANAGED TO LOOSE ALOT OF VIDEO SCREWIN AROUND TRYING TO MAKE THINGS WORK.IM NOT A PRO AND THE SORRY MANUAL THAT COMES WITH THESE UNITS SUCK!!!I FEEL LIKE IVE SPENT 12 HUNDRED BUCKS FOR A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT I WANT TO THROW IN THE RIVER EVERY TIME I USE IT.THE SHARE STATION BURNS IN DVD FILES FORMAT(PPP FILES) NOT RECOGNIZED BY THE SOFTWARE THEY GAVE ME OR MICROSOFT PLAYER OR QUICK TIME.DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD INFORMATION SOURCE FOR USING THIS EQUIPMENT?BETTER YET DOES ANYONE WANT TO BUY THIS STUFF?

Inactive

I THINK YOUR CAPS LOCK IS STUCK! CHECK TO SEE THAT IT’S TURNED OFF! πŸ˜€

Okay, to answer your message, I personally wouldn’t buy a camera that used any format other than tape. Yeah, transferring onto the PC takes time, but it’s time well spent to get high quality footage.

Hard drive cameras usually use a compressed format, such as MPEG 2 to store footage. Even if you do figure out how to get the footage off your camera and on to your PC, editing it will be a big pain in the butt (I explained why over in this thread.)

I hate to say it, but your camera setup isn’t all that great. I wish I had better advice for you, but all I can suggest is that next time, you do a lot of market research and ask folks who use Camcorders in a paid position to find out what to buy. Sadly, for less than $800 more, you could have purchased either the Sony VX-2100 or the Canon GL-2, both of which are excellent cameras for videography.

GOod luck selling your current equipment, if there’s not time to return them to the place you bought them. We’ll definitely help you do what you can in the meantime.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter β€” 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap