JVC Everio GZ-MS110

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      parrotcam
      Participant

I am using a JVC everio GZ-MS110, I have been noticing a red dot is appearing on the screen while filming indoors, I have not been able to make it outside for daytime filiming lately because the weather has been to bad. This red dot appears on the recored video as well, is there any way I can fix this?

EarlC

A SOLID red dot, or a flashing red dot? Is it possible that you are picking up a red dot resulting from the camera’s recording indicator light? Is there one on the front of your camera? If so, covering the light with a small piece of friction or black tape will take care of the problem. I know of no technical element otherwise that would be causing a red dot on the display and in the footage, nor can I imagine or perceive a need for it, other than some kind of record indicator.

parrotcam
      Participant

It’s kind of a flashing red dot. I am fairly shure it is in the camera and is not the reflection of the record indicator I am charging my camcorder right now so as soon as it is finished charging, I will check. Thanks for you answer. πŸ™‚

XTR-91
      Participant

It may be one of your camcorder’s methods of manual control, as in a way it’s telling you what it’s doing.

Does the dot ever move?

parrotcam
      Participant

No, the dot doesn’t move, however it does sort of flash to green. I think it is just something it may do in low light, but I am not sure.

parrotcam
      Participant

I checked it today and it does not appear on the screen. I guess it reallyb only appears in low light.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

How to buy a camera β€” 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN