JVC Everio GZ-HD7U 4GB Clips

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

It might be posted somewhere, but I couldnt find it. Is there anyway to shoot an entire video, without the cam splitting it into 4GB clips? I shoot HD video with my JVC cam and then import the files onto my MacBook HDD. I use Quicktime Pro to convert the .tod files into readable files on Final Cut Express. The problem Im having is that the JVC splits videos into 3-4 GB sections instead of keeping the video capture as 1 whole. Whenever I import the videos into FCE and put them on the timeline, it doesnt "combine/connect" the videos together. So whenever I play them back, the video & audio "skip" going from the first 4GB clip to the next 4GB clip. I need to know what to do in order to combine the video and audio on Final Cut Express, or some remedy to make everything look good. Thank you!

GC

Participant

I’m wondering if you fixed this problem? I’ve just imported the files onto the HD itself via USB, and haven’t tried to caputre yet – but this looks like it might be challening.

Participant

I don’t know if you got this fixed yet, but what I have been doing to get the videos off if this camera is attach it as an external HD, drop the .tod files into a folder and then, on a Mac I use MPEG Streamclip to convert the file to a Quicktime Movie. Tha’s pretty much it. I am not sure if the .tod should be archived or the .mov, but I do know that the .tod is smaller and could be archived to DL DVD.

Please inform me if I am doing this wrong. Also, not to get off subject, but is this DVC good enough to sell stock video footage?

thanks,

Mark

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap