JVC Everio Camcorder & Share Station

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi everyone. I am new here and seeking some help.

I have a JVC Everio GZ-MG37AA 30Gb HDD Camcorder. (video files are .MOD) No problems editing once they are re-named with .Mpeg

Will be going on a month long vacation in September and to alleviate the possibility of using up the HDD before the trip ends I purchased a JVC Everio Share Station CU-VD3 with a view to burning video files to DVD every few days.

Problem is the share station only burns a full movie of all the files that I wish to copy. When I place the burnt DVD into my PC it’s a full movie that auto plays in Windows Media Center.

The burning options I get from the cam are “All”, “Event” and “Date”……

So when I explore the disc on my PC after burning by date, all videos within a date become 1 file with the extension .VOB which are not recognised by my video editing software. I use Ulead Video Studio 11. Have also tried them with no luck in Adobe Premiere.

I have also tried renaming the files to .Mpg/Mpeg. And whilst the files then become recognisable they are unuseable as they stutter and dont play properly.

So my questions are this:

1. Is there anything I can do to make these .VOB files editable and

2. If not is there another storage option for our holiday. Dragging a laptop around is not something we want to do as we have a number of flights with severe luggage limitations.

Hope I have explained this well enough

Thanks heaps
      Col

Participant

renaming a file doesn’t change the format. You need to actually import the files to an editing program and then export them as the format you want if you want to change the format. If there was software that came with the camera, maybe you can do it in there.

have you ever tired connecting the HDD camera to a miniDV camera to transfer the video to tape? I’d try that.

I’m not sure what else to tell you, im not a big fan of HDD cameras.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2020

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers...
homicide-bootstrap