JVC 30 g camcorder

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am brand new to this forum, so be kind to me. I’m also an old guy. Here’s my question. I have a JVC 30 G camcorder that I bought about a year and a half ago. I enjoy it, with some reservations. But yesterday I took it up in an open cockpit bi-plane and kept getting a “video failure” message. It would stop recording and ask me if I wanted to repair the video. I’m not sure what the message was. I was having too much fun in the plane that all I did was enter “yes”. But I discovered that I did not get any of the video from the flight. Why did this happen? My guess is that there may have been too much buffetting from the 100 MPH wind. Why did this happen? Last year I did a tandom sky dive but did not take the camera. I plan on doing that again and plan on taking the camera. Will I experience the same problem? I don’t want to take the camera if it won’t work.

Help,

Phil

Participant

wow…i’ve never heard of that. Try asking the people at creativecow.net They might know.

Participant

I think I’ve had my JVC about 2 years or so now, and I’ve had this a happen a time or two. I don’t think it had anything to do with you being in the cockpit. I think the hard drive develops a few bad spots here and there over time if you’re taping, downloading, and erasing a lot. I got in the habit of cleaning the HDD, I think it is its version of disk defrag. I also clear the hard drive and format it from time to time as well. Since I’ve been doing this, I haven’t gotten the error, and I videotape our 2-hour church service every Sunday. Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
homicide-bootstrap