Just picked up my new Sony FX1

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Compared to my GL2 this camera is mean looking. I love how simple the maunal features are. The camera is very easy use. The camera also included a DVD of how to control the camera. The DVD is alot better than reading the manual which I’m reading front to back right now. I want to know how to use this camera in my sleep.
      The only part of the camera I don’t like so far is the Accessory Shoe. It is a plastic piece attached to the handle held in by a screw and feels weak to me.

Hey DV,

What timing. Did you see the FX7 release?

Mark

Participant

I bought the camera in June and love it. The FX1 is a great camera. If the price of the FX1 comes down I would be happy with another. I want to read a comparison of the 2 cameras on b&h when they list it. I looked at the sony web site which was very general information.
      The pictures of the SonyFX7 look very close to my GL2.
      Just like computers – when you make a purchase 6 months later your outdated. Thats life.

Participant

I love my fx1. the rack zoom has completely changed my style, especially once I learned to be gentle with it. And the image is crisp. I’d get another if I didn’t have 2 canons already.

Participant

I just bought a second one!

Participant

I just received my b&h catelog and I saw one huge difference between the FX-1 and Fx-7. It said the FX-7 shoots in 1080 vs 1080i like the FX-1. Anyone know about the quality difference between 1080i and 1080?

Inactive

the FX1 and Z1 have very effective noise reduction, making using up to 18db of gain surprisingly acceptable in low light.

Inactive

good tip Hank, must give shutter speed a try for slow moving scenes such as church ceremonies.

Inactive

When I was looking at the FX1 and the FX7. I was reading and was told the FX1 is better. Does everyone agree with what I heard?

Inactive

I don’t have anything against the FX1 but I own an FX7 and am very pleased with it. Lux ratings don’t concern me and I like the fact that the FX7 is smaller and lighter than the FX1. If I’m correct the lux rating for the FX7 is 4 and the lux rating for the FX1 is 3, but if I’m in a situation where there’s not enough light I would just hook on a video light. It’s all a matter of taste really. For some the FX1 will be the right camera with the right features and will fit their needs and others prefer the FX7. One of the reasons I like the FX7 is the fact that it’s practically the same size and weight as my VX2000, and I know that it won’t kill my arm after a long shoot as maybe the FX1 would. By the same token, I will say that the FX1 is a superb camera and one of the main things it has going for it is that it’s made by Sony, and I’m a Sony man all the way. To those of you that own the FX1 I say enjoy it and know that you have one of the best cameras made by the top camera company in the world: Sony.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap