Just Finished My Docu/Comedy

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I just finished a docu/comedy, that I been working on for some time. I’ve been coming to this forum for years. I hope you guys will take the time to look at some of the clips I have posted on YouTube, and tell me what you think, good, or bad. Thanks.http://www.youtube.com/user/gotoruthvideo

Inactive

I just realized that the video link, in my post, is not hot. Can someone tell me how to post a link that works? If you go to YouTube, and put DEEP SOUTH DEER CAMP in the search box, it will take you to my video clips. I know most people won’t go thru all that effort. I’m really interested in getting feedback from you guys. Thanks.

Participant

I only watched the first clip. I didn’t see where there was a documentary involved. I kept waiting for something to happen but it never did. There were many distractions from a chick pretending to hunt deer with a shotgun to the music. The opening logo itself needs a lot of work of you’re gonna add it. It really does slate the production. In this case, it said prepare for, well exactly what I saw.

I see potential in your camera work. When your post skills get to the same level, I think you’ll be able to do anything. Keep shootin’ and keep enjoyin’.

Inactive

Grinner, thanks for the critique. Did the first clip make you not want to watch the other clips? The movie is a doc, but with some recreations. The clip you saw was a representation of the ladies that come to camp, not knowing what they are doing, but wind up killing a deer anyway. Shotguns are often used for deer hunting. Please tell me what you didn’t like about the music. Also, please tell me what is wrong with the opening logo. When you talk about my post skills, I guess you mean that my link wouldn’t work. Can you tell me how to post a working link? I’m sorry to be so dumb, about this stuff, but I’m 76, and I know how to edit on a computer, but I’m not much good at anything else. I very much appreciate your comments.

Participant

I was talking about post-production, not link posting.

Man, we should all be so lucky to still be out doin’ what we love at 76, brother. Props and ‘grats, my friend.

This youtube world has given even the patient a bold case of A.D.D. I’m no exception. Less is more and quicker is better when it comes to opening logos.

keep rockin’

Inactive

I’m sorry I don’t know how to post a link, to my YouTube channel, but if you go to YouTube, and put DEEP SOUTH DEER CAMP in the search box, it will come up. Thanks

I think the reason your link is not “hot” is because there’s no space between “Thanks.” and “http:…”

If you edit it and put a space in there, or better yet put the link on a separate line all alone with no spaces, it should work fine.

I watched some of your Youtube clips. Some of it was a bit racy for me, but I enjoyed “Young Boy Goes Turkey Hunting.” I like the idea of the mix of comedy clips with the documentary. I get what you’re trying to do–preserve a Southern tradition of deer hunting. I can appreciate that, and it comes across in the clip where you’re interviewing the woman who missed the deer. It was pretty funny and well put together. My initial thought, though, is that if that’s what you’re going for, it doesn’t come across in the clips because there’s too much other stuff going on. I suppose you don’t want to give away the whole documentary on Youtube and that’s the reason for not including more of the “meat” of the storyline. I see some good promising pieces there, though. Just my two cents (as I’ve said before, I’m no pro).

Inactive

Pseudosafari, thank you so much, for your assistance. Here’s the link to the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gotoruthvideo

We were on Public Access, for 12 years, and we found that, in St Louis anyway, that if we interspersed our videos with slightly racy stuff, we could hold the viewers attention better. I see what you mean, the movies have a lot more going on, besides the racy stuff. We mostly try to go for comedy. With the guys down south, we don’t have to try very hard. They are always doing funny stuff. One time they tried to pull a house trailer out, with a pickup truck. When that didn’t work, they hooked another pickup, to the first one. How did they think of that?! I’ll try to post that one. If you get a chance to look at it, let me know what you think. Again, I thank very much, for your help with the link, Ruth.

Participant

I didn’t realize you are in STL, man. We should do lunch sometime. The Eat Rite Diner is right accross the street from my studio.

mmmmmmmmmmmm

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Hand-held Stabilizers Buyer's Guide

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap