Just enough to buy IMAC, FCS and Canon HF200 need advise badly!

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Just enough to buy IMAC, FCS and Canon HF200 need advise badly!

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi there,

I am a first time/amatuer and would like someday to go pro. My experience is only with a digital slr camera. I owned a Canon 350D DSLR and a sony Laptop running Windows Vista Business. I sometimes use Adobe Photoshop but I prefere not to “cheat/enhance” those photos. I do know that there is a huge diff between a camera and a camcorder and is willing to take up the challenge.

My friends and I (all not professional climber) attempted 6,962 m (22,841 ft) Mount Aconcagua and was documented. The documentary cost was sponsored by local TV. To make the story short, the documentary was done professionally by 2 cameraman and unfortunately we failed only 300m to the summit due to bad weather. They used 2 sony pro video camera with DV tape type which I forgot which model it was.

The group now is trying for another attempt in January 2011. Unable to secure a sponsor, our budget is kinda tight this time around that we cant afford to hire professionals to the the documentary again. Since I have a long interest with video making, I am now jumping into this oppurtunity to document the journey. I am thinking of submitting the end product to local tv or competition if it is good enough! It is about normal people trying to do the extra ordinary. We do have a list of mountains to conquer!

My budget allows me to purchase:

IMAC 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 with 8GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM. ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB and 1TB Serial ATA Drive.

Final Cut Studio.

Canon HF200.

My questions:

Will this be a good computer that doent take forever to render or complete my work and software for a first time documentary? I do hope to go pro in the future butI do not wish to buy another computer in the next 3 years. Yes I cant afford the macpro just yet.

Is that a good choice for a starting camera that can handle “some/little”outdoor abuse? I wish to shoot the documentary in HD and it MUST not be heavy!

Will the camera take the cold weather? My research tells me that flash memory handles cold weather better than any other type… is this correct?

Am I going the right path by choosing Mac over Windows?

My budget isREALLY tight… please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap