Jumpy Slow Motion

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Using footage recorded on a Sony PD170, and editing with Adobe Premiere Elements, my footage apears jumpy/jerky when I apply any sort of time stretch. Even just a little and even when original footage is smooth or stationary. Any thoughts. Thanks.

Participant

try to use "frame blending" and add a little motion blur to smooth up the video a little bit. thats all i can think of now…

Inactive

Try stretching/squeezing in multiples of 2 frames. (Note: You may need to do the math to account for drop frames if you are working in DF)

Inactive

Well, you can always try to deinterlace the footage. This usually works but It will look different than other parts of you video that aren’t deinterlaced. If you think that the difference takes away from the quality of your project, you can always deinterlace the whole video after you completed your edits to make the look consistent. Deinterlacing will involve extra render time especially if you decide to give this treatment to the whole video. The look is similar to the Canon GL1’s cineframe mode. Some people love to do this others advise against it. I have one guy that loves the look so much that I have do deinterlace everything I edit for him. It’s definitely worth it to at least see how you like.

Best Regards,

Corey

*note: You probably won’t notice the difference until you export the video and watch it full screen on your computer or television.

Inactive

Also…I’m pretty sure you did this, but just in case you didn’t, make sure your video is rendered. if not your slo mo will almost always look jumpy until you do so.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap