Jerky Ride on Importing .avi into 7.0

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

First time opportunity to use newly purchased Premiere Elements 7.0;had been using online services and/or MS Movie Maker neither of which I had issues with imported .avi files being excessively jerky on playback within the application.

Properties on the .avi files are as follows:

Image: 320×240; Bit Rate: 64kbps; Audio Format: MPEG Layer-3; Frame Rate: 30FPS; Data Rate: 5080kbps

I’ve tried what adjustments I could find in the application, but to no avail. Since this was a relatively easy thing in the other applications I used am I just missing setting a particular configuration or other parameter?

Participant

That is probably a type 1 avi, Premiere Elements will only work with type 2 avi files.

Convert the file to DV-AVI using Windows Movie Maker and Premiere Elements will work with that file just fine.

Participant

There is a free tutorial on converting files using WMM here

http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=42

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap