Jerky Ride on Importing .avi into 7.0

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

First time opportunity to use newly purchased Premiere Elements 7.0;had been using online services and/or MS Movie Maker neither of which I had issues with imported .avi files being excessively jerky on playback within the application.

Properties on the .avi files are as follows:

Image: 320×240; Bit Rate: 64kbps; Audio Format: MPEG Layer-3; Frame Rate: 30FPS; Data Rate: 5080kbps

I’ve tried what adjustments I could find in the application, but to no avail. Since this was a relatively easy thing in the other applications I used am I just missing setting a particular configuration or other parameter?

Participant

That is probably a type 1 avi, Premiere Elements will only work with type 2 avi files.

Convert the file to DV-AVI using Windows Movie Maker and Premiere Elements will work with that file just fine.

Participant

There is a free tutorial on converting files using WMM here

http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=42

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap