It its possible to use a camcorder as a webcam?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Luis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Hello:

Does anyone know how to use a camcorder as a webcam? I try using S video and DV cables and it did absolutely nothing. The only thing I could do is capture the video from the camera, but I want to record in real time (like a webcam) I’m using Adobe Visual Communicator to make a live Weather Forecast and I been doing it with a 15 dollars USB webcam and the video quality is awfully pathetic. If someone knows how to do this let me know.

Thanks in advances and happy New Year to the Videomaker community.

brandon0409
      Participant

It all depends on if your camcorder has that function. read the manual.

Usually it will say on the retail box.

NewBirthProductions
      Participant

you will need a capture card for your computer but yes it will work

rgb
      Participant

Check if you have firewire output on the cam and hook it to your computer. Once its done, go into your webcam software (such as MSN Messenger)and it should be available.

brandon0409
      Participant

Usually that won’t work. I have 4 miniDV cams at home and only one will work as a webcam. i’ve tried all the others and none work. The one that does work actually has that function on it.

Usually if there is a USB port on the camera, there is a stronger possibility but it is not 100% that it will work.

You’ll just have to try it out.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN