Is this PC Desktop okay for Video editing

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Sweetwater Sound has a PC called the Sweetwater Custom Personal Computing PC-PLus: It looks okay for video editing but I wanted to ask you guys what you think. I says in the description that it is not suite for audio production, but would it be okay or suited for video production. Here is the specs for the computer.

CPU: 3.0 GHz Pentium 4

Optical: 18X DVDRW

Hard Drive: 160 GB

RAM: 512MB DDR400

Graphics: Motherboard Integrated

Chipset: SIS 662FX

Audio: AC97 Audio (integrated on motherboard)

Ethernet: 10/100

Form Factor: Micro ATX Tower

Power Supply: 350 Watt

Package includes: System, Keyboard & Mouse, Speakers

I have emailed my Sales Rep. to see if has USB and FireWire ports on it.

Sweetwater does carry and have in stock ADS Tech Pyro Link A/V. I was thinking of getting these to get me started back up for my video production business.

Inactive

Hi!

I’m not an EXPERT in terms of building a PC for video editing. But I just bought a new PC for some home video editing. Not for commercial purposes, as of the moment. I’ve asked this specs in some of video forums if it will be ok for home video editing and I got some good response with some comments of course.

Here are the major specs:

PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 2.13GHz 4MB > {the higher the better if budget permits like Core 2 Quad Q6600}
      MEMORY: Kingston 2GB DDR2 667 > {much better if 3GB DDR2 800}
      MOTHERBOARD: Intel DG965WH w/ built-in firewire
      STORAGE SATA DRIVE: 80GB for system / 160GB for files > {should be 160GB for files & at least 250GB for video files}
      OPTICAL DRIVE: 20x DVD Writer Dual Layer
      DISPLAY CARD: 8500GT 512MB 128Bit DDR2 PCI-E
      MONITOR: 17" SVGA flat CRT monitor (I’ll be using this temporarily)

I bought the above system unit excluding the monitor for about US$ 720.00 or something like 32,000 Philippine Pesos.

I hope it helped you somehow.

Thanks!

Inactive

Thanks for the information, my Sales rep. said the same thing about the chip set and that is not for audio or video production. Can you do me a favor if you have the time and check Sweetwater Creation Station PC out. http://www.sweetwater.com/c859–PC_Desktops, and see which ones would be the best for video production. My Sales Rep. said the Dual Tower would be great for video production but I wanted a videographers option on it. Just let me know what you think. Or if I should go somewhere else. Sweetwater doesn’t have optical drives so I could purchase additional DVD burners from them.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2020

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers...
homicide-bootstrap