Is this Macbook Pro good for Premiere, Final Cut, and After Effects?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Production Gear Is this Macbook Pro good for Premiere, Final Cut, and After Effects?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello,

I’m about to buy a Macbook Pro and wanted to know if the specs are good for – Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, and Cinema 4d.

MacBook Pro 2.0GHz quad-core Intel i7

Originally released February 2011
      15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1440-by-900 resolution
      4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
      500GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
      8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVDR DL/DVDRW/CD-RW)
      Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6490M

Priced at under $1,400 US dollars.

I’ve edited a digital film using Adobe Premiere before, but since I am getting back into the game and want the option of using both FCpro and Premiere as well as learning After Effects and Cinema 4d, I’d like to know if the above is good enough to work with without having any issues using the above listed programs.

Thanks for your help!

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Yes, that Macbook pro will work in most projects. I have a 2009 model (Intel Core Duo Proccessor with 4GB RAM) and it works suprisingly well. Although you need to be aware that the more effects you add to your timeline (especially in After Effects) the longer it will take to playback and render. Upgrading RAM is a good idea.

Participant

Definitely will be upgrading the RAM. Thanks for your response!

Participant

sure, man. Enjoy.

I just got a used 15″ off of craigslist for less than 2k loaded with everything I need. It paid for itself twice over night one.

Participant

Nice job, grinner! I searched Craigslist for a week and didn’t find one or my emails weren’t responded to.

Hey guys, here’s a tip! I accidentally stumbled upon the “Refurbished” links on the Apple.com website. Later, I was at an Apple store and spoke with an employee about the refurbished Macs and she said they were awesome deals.

She basically said that most of the refurbished Macs were people who had purchased the Macs brand new, but then realized that they didn’t want them or didn’t want to commit to making the monthly payments so they shipped them back- hardly used.

They all come with one year Apple warranty (to which you can add the extended apple care if you want).

And, I saved about $500 dollars! (bought mine for $1,500)

I’ve noticed that the deals are constantly updated daily (or every other day) to remove the ones that have been sold and to add new ones.

Check it out-

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

Also, I did see some ads on craigslist for super cheap deals on used Adobe C5 full suite and Final cut pro original cd’s with serial numbers. Thats my next step after my Mac comes!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap