Is this camcorder a FULL HD one?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi,

I bought this item from ebay “http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160392356774&_trksid=p2759.l1259” because it was advertised as a FULL HD camcorder.

It has a max record capability of 1440×1080. I opened a claim on Paypal against the seller in order to return the item the very same day. My claim was rejected . According to them the item was as described. I asked them if it means that the camera is a full HD one. They said that they are not experts and they can not tell.

So I decided to visit forums with many digital videoenthusiasts to check if I’m wrong or not.

My question is ” Is this camera a FULL HD camera?” For yes&no asnwers would you please add your reasoning as well.

Thanks in advance.

Participant

To me, “full HD” means uncompressed high definition.

Participant

I understand where you’re coming from, Grinner, but I think when people say “full HD” they mean native 1920X1080 resolution – full raster to be specific.

chameleon81, you’re camera is not full HD, but that’s not a bad thing. The truth is, a lot of cameras do not shoot full raster images. DVCPro HD, which is a professional codec doesn’t even record full raster.

If you want native 1920X1080 recording, you’re going to have to dish out a lot more cash than you did for that camera. The Sony EX1, Sony EX3, and Panasonic HPX300 are the cheapest camera that natively record 1920X1080

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
homicide-bootstrap