Is this camcorder a FULL HD one?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi,

I bought this item from ebay “http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160392356774&_trksid=p2759.l1259” because it was advertised as a FULL HD camcorder.

It has a max record capability of 1440×1080. I opened a claim on Paypal against the seller in order to return the item the very same day. My claim was rejected . According to them the item was as described. I asked them if it means that the camera is a full HD one. They said that they are not experts and they can not tell.

So I decided to visit forums with many digital videoenthusiasts to check if I’m wrong or not.

My question is ” Is this camera a FULL HD camera?” For yes&no asnwers would you please add your reasoning as well.

Thanks in advance.

Participant

To me, “full HD” means uncompressed high definition.

Participant

I understand where you’re coming from, Grinner, but I think when people say “full HD” they mean native 1920X1080 resolution – full raster to be specific.

chameleon81, you’re camera is not full HD, but that’s not a bad thing. The truth is, a lot of cameras do not shoot full raster images. DVCPro HD, which is a professional codec doesn’t even record full raster.

If you want native 1920X1080 recording, you’re going to have to dish out a lot more cash than you did for that camera. The Sony EX1, Sony EX3, and Panasonic HPX300 are the cheapest camera that natively record 1920X1080

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2021

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap