Is there any 8mm players

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

anyone know what & where i can buy a player to play all my old 8mm tapes

i tried to buy a video cam that plays 8mm but……….. its the digital 8 dcr trv 280 and it wont play old analog tapes

Kmass982,

The only thing offered from Sony right now that will playback analog 8mm is the TRV138, which unfortunately won’t play or record digital8.

You can see it here: http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/%20INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_BrowseCatalog-Start?CategoryName=dcc_DICamcorders_Hi8HandycamCamcorders&Dept=cameras

Do you have a mini DV camcorder? There are a few places out there that can transfer analog 8mm to mini DV or some other format.

Mark

Inactive

no i have the DCR-TVR280 its 8mm but digital

Ok. Well you definitely need a different playback device and you’ll need to check if the TRV280 can dub record from an analog source. The camera I mentioned earlier will work as a playback device, but that seems to be a little ridiculous to have to buy another camcorder. There are production studios out there that can transfer analog 8mm to digital 8. You may find one on this forum. Better yet, you might find someone who lives nearby who can do it and also, someone who you trust with your treasured video tapes.

Mark

Inactive

ok well thank all you for your help most of what i have heard i allready know i called sony and they told me that my new cam wont play all my old tapes because of the analog format

Participant

What I use is a sony trv330 digital-8 camcorder, these were the first digital-8’s
      so they will play back your hi-8 and 8mm’s. Sony stopped this dual function later in the
      life cycle of the digital-8. The 330 also has a firewire connection
      so you record straight to your computer. E-bay or Pawn shops. Last one
      I bought in a Pawn shop was $100. but E-bay is quite a bit higher.

Inactive

Try this. It records digital 8 but claims to be backwards compatible with 8mm and Hi8. Plus it has firewire and the analog inputs with convert to firewire for VHS capture.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=5245&A=details&Q=&sku=207303&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

Participant

Best bet for you would be buying used Hi8 camcorder, it will play your 8mm tapes.

Shoot-It-Yourself Wedding Video Guide

Inactive

yea i guessed that

and i guessing i iwll have ot get the pinnica studio set up

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap