is there a 1080i 1080p raw .avi format out there?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion is there a 1080i 1080p raw .avi format out there?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

my question is basically is there an hd version of raw avi cause when i capture my footage from sony vegas my only options are raw dv .avi and full hd .m2t files but i really would like the hd raw .avi format cause its so easy to work with anyone know of any capture methods to get video from an hd camcorder in 1080i/p .avi???

XTR-91
      Participant

The only raw HD format I know of is Sony’s RED (.r3d) format. Sony Vegas Pro 9 is able to open this, but I doubt that it is able to save. Remember thatthe higher resolution= more raw data, and more raw data, in your case,would beextremely massive. In the case of DV-AVI, if it could do High-Def (whcih it cannot), the files would be massive, as everyone talks about DV-AVI as being a near to raw format – not quite, but it’s like a bunch of JPEGs instead of the motion-compression technique used by MPEG-2, MPEG-4/AVC, and a number of other formats.

My Panasonic HDC-TM700 can shoot 1920×1080/60p video in MP4 (AVCHD) format. 1920 x 1080 x 60 = 124,416,000 bits per second – that’s about 15.5 MB/sec. Just imagine, a thirty minute lecture would take 108 GB.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best microphone for video production — 2021

Whether you’re recording audio for a commercial, a wedding or your next feature film, you need the best microphone possible.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN