Is the Canon Vixia hf 200 a good camera

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kinny2x

I’m going to buy the Canon Vixia hf 200, is this a good camera? My professors at my university recommended it. I only have a $1,000 budget, and I really want to make independent films. Will this camera do the job? Will footage professional like the movies? I plan to to buy a adapter so I can use my shot gun mic through my xlr cable. Also what kind of tripod should I purchase? Again my budget is limited. If anybody has this camera, please help me to answer these question.

Kinny2x

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am looking at this camera too and is very interested. Anybody wanna share thierthoughts?

XTR-91
      Participant

Canon’s Vixia-HF series look like a truly compelling line of camcorders. I’ve heard good things about the HF-S10 camcorder. Low light performanceseems to be one of its greater falling points, but is in no way overwhelming. At your price range, I’d go with the Canon HF-S10 which shoots 900 lines of horizontal resolution which is equivalent to a lot of professional camcorders. The HF200 probably has a lower resolution, however, as Canon did not state that it could record 900 lines. This means that theHF200 probably willl probably be the better low light performer, however . If you’re shooting outdoors or with extensive lighting, then I’d go for the Canon HF-S10. Otherwise, I’d stick with the Canon HF200 that shoots better in low light.

Canon HF-S10 – http://www.google.com/products?q=Vixia+HF-S10&hl=en-GB&aq=f

Canon HF200 – http://www.google.com/products?q=Vixia+HF200&hl=en-GB&aq=f

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for the links. Good review. My concern now, as many has pointed in the review is the diffculty of editing and exporting your work. Should I be worried?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.