Is the AG-DVX100 good for use with green screen?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

First off, thank you very much for looking at my post. I am going to be starting a project that is shot entirely against green screen. I’m wondering if anyone has experience shooting with the ag-dvx100 and getting a good key? If so, I would much appreciate any tips, warnings, etc. that you could pass on.

BruceMol
      Participant

I don’t think you’ll have any problem with that camera – any good camera. Getting a good key is more dependent on the lighting, software and background. My experience has been that I bought far too small a key cloth. So I need to fix my talent in space for a good effect. I can get some good depth but no left right movement (walk on or off) because of the size – get too big a green screen and it’s tough to light too. If your next production is all green screen – and you haven’t bought one yet, think about how your talent will be choreographed for entrances and exits onto the scene. Not a big deal for a virtual set when you have people at tables or sitting on stools facing the camera.

Thereare all sorts of really great keying software programs. I’ve had no trouble with $100 Ulead, to ?$ Adobe Ultra & A.E. I mean, I’ve had no trouble since figuring out the lighting!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN