Is the AG-DVX100 good for use with green screen?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

First off, thank you very much for looking at my post. I am going to be starting a project that is shot entirely against green screen. I’m wondering if anyone has experience shooting with the ag-dvx100 and getting a good key? If so, I would much appreciate any tips, warnings, etc. that you could pass on.

BruceMol
      Participant

I don’t think you’ll have any problem with that camera – any good camera. Getting a good key is more dependent on the lighting, software and background. My experience has been that I bought far too small a key cloth. So I need to fix my talent in space for a good effect. I can get some good depth but no left right movement (walk on or off) because of the size – get too big a green screen and it’s tough to light too. If your next production is all green screen – and you haven’t bought one yet, think about how your talent will be choreographed for entrances and exits onto the scene. Not a big deal for a virtual set when you have people at tables or sitting on stools facing the camera.

Thereare all sorts of really great keying software programs. I’ve had no trouble with $100 Ulead, to ?$ Adobe Ultra & A.E. I mean, I’ve had no trouble since figuring out the lighting!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best video editing software — 2021

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.