Is Sony Vegas Pro 8.0a new for $80 a good deal?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Is Sony Vegas Pro 8.0a new for $80 a good deal?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I can buy a new version on a closeout of Sony Vegas Pro 8.0a for only $80. This seems like a great deal. Are there any problems with 8.0a that I should be aware of?

Participant

If this is a legit copy it’s a great price – Once you have 8.0a you can get free updates to the latest 8.0 version (8.0c). I don’t know where you are getting this price but VideoGuys has VP 8.0 for $500 but it includes a free upgrade to VP 9.

Inactive

It was on Ebay with a starting bid of $50 and a Buy It Now of $80. The seller seemed legit. I should have just bought it. It went on the Buy It Now before I could get back to it. I missed that deal!

Inactive

Vegas Pro 9 is being shipped on Monday. So yeah, if you obtained a legitimate copy of Pro 8 for cheap, you would get a deal on upgrading to Pro 9 next week.

Inactive

Not so fast………..

I was looking on the Sony Vegas forums yesterday, and there were posts about people selling their version 8 and buying the upgrade to version 9.

Apparently Sony does allow this (if you carefully follow their guidelines), but the person buying the “used” copy of version 8 will never be able to upgrade to version 9 (unless, of course, he buys a new copy of Vegas 9 at full price).

So check if you’re buying a “new” version 8 or a “used” version 8. Of course, for some people, just having a non-upgradable copy of Vegas would be a good thing if priced right.

Ken

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap