Is sony vegas 10 better than 7 in terms of rendering and preview speeds?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Is sony vegas 10 better than 7 in terms of rendering and preview speeds?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

i am currently using sony vegas for editing on my computer. Specs are 1.83 ghz 3 gb ddr ii ram nvidia 8400 gs 256 mb. Now my problem is that the preview is very slow even in quarter draft preview. I’m editing video to music and while playing it to check if the video goes along it just shows 1 or 2 frames may for the entire 10 seconds that i play it. Also i’m using 720p footage. Now is sony vegas 10 better in this regard than 7 or no. And if no which software should i use that will give me smooth preview playback. Please do not mention casual video editors like movie maker or powerdirector. I want something thats as powerfull as vegas. Also upgrading my system is not an option for me. Thank you!

Participant

What format is your video inthat you are editing? AVCHD, DVI, mpeg, mov, …?

Is your processor dual or quad core?

Participant

oh sorry. Typing on a phone is hard. Anyways i have a core 2 duo and am using 720p wmv footage. I tried re encoding to avi and mp4 but sony wouldn’t recognise it. I haven’t tried mpg though. But i would prefer to use the original wmv if i could. So what would you suggest?

Participant

Sony should recognize AVCHD, and (.mp4)

Turning the preview to auto may help

Participant

Didn’t work.

I have been using Vegas 9 and love it. But just recently got 10 (2 weeks ago). Love it. Get it and you problems are over. Speed is amazing. Much faster than 9. Yes, I do have a Intel i7, and some 6-8 Gb of RAM, but still the differences were obvious.

Participant

oh cool thanx!

Participant

“Didn’t work.”

It (sometimes) workson my computer.

Participant

No, I’m guessing the fault is of my computer. It isn’t able to handle it(More so cuz its a laptop and has problems running fl studio as well). I tried it on bootcamp installed on my imac and it works flawlessly. Guess I’ll just have to build a new computer over the years till then I’ll use the mac(I’m a bit biased towards the PC and I’m also a hardcore gamer so macs just don’t do it for me)

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap