Is necessary to convert PAL footage to NTSC?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Is necessary to convert PAL footage to NTSC?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi, I live in Latin America and I have a Sony HVR-A1 PAL. Here, most players and TV sets are both PAL-NTSC, but now I’ve been asked to create a DVD for selling abroad, specially Europe and South Africa.

I will appreciate if you could tell me if is necessary the transconding, or not. I guess that NTSC for DVDs is the standard format and most compatible. For USA and Japan I believe is it really necessary.

I use Adobe CS4 products. How is the best way to convert the PAL footage to NTSC with this suite? I am shooting HDV but the final product is DVD. I can stand a little of image degradation, as this is not for broadcast, but the best quality, the better.

Thank you

Participant

I’ve never used abobe cs4 before, but for creating DVD, Nero is better choice. Nero will ask you whether you want pal output stream or ntsc output stream, so just select what you want. All done!

Inactive

No

Participant

Hi, I am from South Africa. there are so many DVD here that we play in NTSC even when I was congo, Rwanda. And sometimes I do my project in PAL or NTSC and and have evr have someone come back to me to complain.Anyway David is right, nero can do all for you but why not stating your projet in PAL from begining? or else your encore project can be in PAL.

Thank you

Inactive

I think this Power2Go software maybe help you when you need a media disc burning.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Choosing the Right Lens: The Ultimate Guide

The best lenses for video — 2020

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap