32GB SDHC Card on a 16GB SDHC Camcorder?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      wwinter86
      Participant

Is it possible for a camcorder that supports a SDHC card up to 16GB to get a firmware update to support 32GB? or is this down purely to hardware?

EarlC

It would most likely be a firmware issue, but you really should visit the site and specs for your specific model and inquire of the maker what the bottom line would be – beats the heck out of assuming, or taking the word of someone like me who simply does not know. Unless I did have a camera (doesn’t help that you don’t specify which one – somebody might be curious enough to do the lookup for you) that I researched and confirmed it could be firmware upgraded to use 32, I see no serious benefit, for the price, of paying so much more for 32, with in most cases 16 will do the job quite well – capacity-wise.

wwinter86
      Participant

Ok thanks, I’ll contact the makers.

btw the camcorder in question is ‘Speed HD-8TZ’.

EarlC

Mi Amigo! You did a 4-part review of that model and didn’t include THAT information? Time to do a 5-part review. πŸ™‚

wwinter86
      Participant

I think I mentioned that it only supports up to 16GB, if not woops lol

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best stock video sites β€” 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN