Is B&H it?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’ll second B&H. Over a couple decades, I’ve never had a bad experience. I only had one item that went back ordered, but it was only a few days later than the main shipment. Their web site is accurate for inventory and no pricing surprises. I would rather pay a bit more for good customer service.

Inactive

Everyon on these boards seems hyped about B&H, and probably rightly so. But anytime someone mentions another company selling cameras, everyone yells "scammers" and mentions B&H.

Is there not a single nother reputable camera company that sells over the internet?

Inactive

There are many reputable internet retailers. After you search through them you’ll see B&H prices are hard to beat.

Inactive

How do you tell the reputable ones from the non?

Like this?

http://www.usaphotonation.com/products.asp?product_id=10010&engine=shopcartusa

They have a Canon GL for $1469 before the $250 rebate.

Thats a full $300 under B&H, but they sound reasonable? How do I tell?

Inactive

Well I answered my own question.

On a Roll posted this link:
      http://www.resellerratings.com/reseller_list.pl?keyword_search=ccicameracity

I checked out USA photonation and they are scammers it seems. So sad.

Inactive

I bought a GL2 and a buncha equipment from B&H last month.

Super happy with ’em.

Inactive

Wgat about international shipping with B&H?

Inactive

Well, a guy gets busy, vanishes for a few days, and everyone starts chattin’ πŸ™‚

My advice would be to research anyone before you buy. A lot of us have had super good luck with B&H. That’s why they get such high praise.

I’ve bought a couple cameras from Norman Camera. They have good prices on some of their stuff (Canons are usually cheaper than B&H at Norman, FWIW), and they’re pretty reliable. I actually found them from the Canon website.

There are a LOT of grey market resellers out there. I prefer to stick to sources I can trust. That’ why I use guys like B&H, who prove themselves repeatedly.

Participant

B&H is reliable. That’s worth a lot when you consider the pain of having to cancel an order because _insert any of 100 reasons.

New Egg is also very reliable for computer stuff and I even bought my DVX 100B from there.

Participant

I know this is an old thread from July but hey why not get it started again. I am confused…

If Abe’s of Maine is so bad, why does… or DID… VIdeomaker run their ads in its magazine.

Trust me… I am not arguing with any of your opinions. I have come to rely on your experience in saving my money. If Compusolver says don’t do it, I WILL NOT.

But I believe it is a valid question, though. Does this magazine check out its advertisers first or just sell the ads?

Participant

brandon0409 Wrote:

I know this is an old thread from July but hey why not get it started again. I am confused…

If Abe’s of Maine is so bad, why does… or DID… VIdeomaker run their ads in its magazine.

Trust me… I am not arguing with any of your opinions. I have come to rely on your experience in saving my money. If Compusolver says don’t do it, I WILL NOT.

But I believe it is a valid question, though. Does this magazine check out its advertisers first or just sell the ads?

Good question… πŸ˜€

Participant

B&H is a good, solid retailer. But you won’t steal anything there. There are places to find better deals on big purchases. I bought my last GL2 at Beach Camera (online) and I paid $300 less than B&H and the sale was perfect in every way. It seems that Beach doesn’t currently carry the GL2 though (too bad, I need another one).

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter β€” 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap