Intro from “24”

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m making a spoof of 24 with some friends, and I want to do the 24 intro, with the sections of the numbers glowing and fading in and out until they come in totally. I’m using Motion, and I’ve got some ideas of how to do that, but I was wondering if anyone had done anything like that and knew ow to do it. I couldn’t find any tutorials to show me how to do it. And is this the right forum for this question? I didn’t know if it should go into editing or not.

Lee

Participant

So, does no one watch this show, or do you guys just not know how to go about doing that intro? I think I’m just gonna fool around with it and see what happens. If it works out, maybe I’ll post what I got. I need to figure out how to do the clock thing too, but that’s probably a bit easier.

Inactive

Don’t know how much help this will be…

I have done similar effects – fade in for graphics/text – by transcoding the frames of the clip into separate image files, using a simple script to linearly adjust the alpha channel (transparency) of the graphics and call some ImageMagick (linux commandline graphics programs) to blend that with the frame images, and then transcode the image files back into a movie clip. Sorry, but in the commandline unix world its actually pretty trivial –

In the Windows/Mac/GUI world you’d have to find some package like FCP or something that has a plug-in that hopefully does exactly what you want, I suppose…

Inactive

It is a pretty cool open that I think is done completely in AfterEffects utilizing different plug ins like Invigorator and Shine. I don’t know anything about Motion…so no help there.

The forum you really want to be in, to get answers to questions like these, is the creative cow site. You can go directly into the after effects forum and post or just go check out other people’s demo reels and ask questions.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap