interesting project

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

http://vimeo.com/13306245

Shot with an FX1 on Cartoni support, lit with only a tota and an omni, and I threw it together in the Avid, using After Effects to fly around the oversized images.

I learned a lot about history and find his theory interesting.

Participant

I wanted to read/see more on his theory so I hopped over to the website listed at the end of the video. It appears all but the opening page is password locked so you cannot look into the other details of this idea. Is this something that will soon be opened to the public for reviewing? Or does “The shaft theory” have other meanings?

So what about the pyramids in South America? Does he think it was done the same way?

Personally, I think one thing is responsible for building them: a virtuallyunlimited supply a free labor.

Participant

I’m with you. Good dude though. He insisted on paying me more than the flat rate I quoted for the turn-key production. In 25 years, this has only happened one other time and that was by a college I designed a video program for that had to deplete their annual budget in order to get approved for it the next year. By that, I love that freakin guy. 😉

To me, it’s obvious that slaves stacked boulders for kings they looked at as gods, for whatever reason. I’m just the vidiot in these things though. If I had to believe in every project I got paid for, I’d have to get a real job to pay the bills.

I was so caught up in the topic I didn’t comment on the video itself–great stuff, btw. I really liked the transitions and the voice over, good use of graphics, etc. I guess it goes without saying that your production was top notch (I watched the whole thing and even talked to people at work about it…) So, great job, grinner!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap