Intercom system for weddings?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I was wondering if any of you ever use a wireless intercom system when doing weddings? Right now my son and I really plan out our game plan while were scouting the rehearsal and we also have a unique discrete hand signal system. I was reading a magazine and they had this fully duplex system by Eartec that also allows hands free operation and you still can listen to your camera audio as well. It seems like that might be a valuable tool.

Any thoughts?

Participant

The only problem is it requires you to talk. I’ve always been afraid that people would hear one of us talking. I’d like to hear from someone who uses one though.

Inactive

Good point! I guess it comes down to how well the mics pick up. That’s kind of what I wanted to find out.

I’m thinking that I can just use this to get the other camera man’s attention. Maybe just a quiet “pissst” in the mic would be enough for him to look my way.

Participant

Or you could just go “HEY FRANK!!!!!!”. Nobody will notice. lol X-D

Inactive

compusolver,

Can I ask what kind you are using?

It’s funny how vid guys come up with ways to communicate. Instead of clicking, we use secret hand signals to do the same thing. Like I mentioned earlier, it doesnt do me any good if the other person is looking at me. Thats why Im seriously thinking about getting that Eartec system unless you have a better idea.

RAM

Participant

Have you tried smoke signals? lol. They’re quiet! X-D

Inactive

compusolver,

Thank you very much for the input. I’m going to check that out.

I’m glade I’m not the only one walking away from my camera with the headset still on. So far I have had 3 close calls. All three times I amaze myself as to how fast I moved in catching the whole camera/tripod rig before it hits the floor.

Wireless phones would be great but that would also mean that you would have to plug a transmitter of some kind into your head phone jack so it could send the signal. Now you have a Azden reciever for the mics and then this transmitter for your phones all plugged into your camera. Shoot…. I’ll have to get a heavy duty tripod to hold all of this weight! X-D

RAM

Participant

From what I understand, Sennheiser makes the best wireless headphones (never actually tried them myself though).

BTW, you could try something like this. They have the voice activation feature. Not sure if this would work well or not:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5862385968

Inactive

Holy cow! 😯

Now I’m wondering why those Eartec systems are so expensive? There has to be a reason. If not then they must have a hard time selling anything because they aren’t even close to be competitive with price.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap