intellectual propery law

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mrsandman
      Participant

Hello, I am creating a motivational/educational DVD and Audio book for teen men. what I need to know is all about the intellectual property law end of it. I would like to make references to a few well known sports, news, and music, personalitites as well as make a reference to a scene in a major motion picture. Positive references only, I will not be having any sound bites or actual pictures or films of them on the DVD. I will be trying to sell both items on the internet or where ever else I can. I can’t seem to contact any Intellectual property law attorneys, and I’ve never done anything like this before. I don’t want any legal problems. Video maker magazine articles have showed me alot of things. could you give me some answers in ultra laymen terms, or recomend an attorney that will talk to me. thankyou

Endeavor
      Participant

There’s plenty of good info on the internet (not that you should believe everything on the net).
      I don’t see any problems with what you want to do.
      You might find what you want here:
      http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyright_and_Fair_Use_Overview/chapter9/9-a.html

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN