information help

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      luishugo
      Participant

hello the company I work have been decided to buy a new camcorder to we will use for do our company movies such I’m in charge …can somebody help me out for soem recomendations ? i love the GL CAMERAS …but are really expensive or there another places to i can find affordable prices ..I’m doing editing and reports …they will try to buy these ones

Sony DCR SR100: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1971947,00.asp
      JVC Everio GZ-MG77U: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1972013,00.asp

CAN SOEMBODY HELP ME ..THANKS A LOT. πŸ™‚

Anonymous
      Inactive

I noticed that both cameras are hard drive cameras. No tapes. I hope they don’t plan on any long term storage. Everytime the drive gets full you’ll need to transfer everything out before you can continue using it. I really like the idea of switching DV tapes. 1. They’re faster to change than transferring the data to another drive, and 2. Tapes act as a long term storage medium. 1 MiniDV tape is roughly equal to 12Gig of hard drive space (1 hour). A 30 Gig hard drive in the camera will provide about 2 1/2 hours of non stop recording. Then its time to transfer the info, many cases in real time. Can they justify tying up a camera for that long a period just to essentially "change tapes"? To me, the only real benefit is the non stop 2 1/2 hour recording. You won’t miss anything at long events, unless the event is longer than 2 1/2 hours. If the hard drives are swappable, meaning that when 1 fills up you can eject it and plug in a new one, by all means jump on it. However, I never heard of a camera that can do that. I guess it all depends on the work it will be doing.

P.S. I too love the Canon GL series camera.

luishugo
      Participant

That’s why VIDEOMAKER FORUM is the best …fast answers and professional recomendations …how about these cameras?

SONY DCR-VX2100
      SONY DCR-VH2000
      PANASONIC AG-DVX1000A
      CANON GL2

I saw these in http://dino-electronics.4-all.org/

thanks a lot.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey luishugo,

Stay away from "Dino Electronics". I smell a big’ol rat from their website. Their site and business both look questionable.

First, their website is using a free redirection service. 4-all.org is a company that gives out free subdomains, and allows users to hide behind a different domain.

In this case, the real web URL of "Dino Electronics" is http://www.frogybogy.ca, which is a canadian tld.

That raises a flag, but I’ll get back to that in a second. Right now, let’s look at the whois info for frogyboy.ca. On the wonderful world wide web, every domain name registrant must provide contact information. This information must be kept on public record, and must be made available upon request.

When I typed in the frogyboy.ca domain, the name Came up as being owned by "Ambrow Charles" in La Vergne, TN. This gives me three very good reasons to be alarmed.

First, why would someone living in Tennessee, USA buy a Canadian domain name? Is his business illegal in the US, perhaps? And then why would he mask the domain name? Trying to make it look legitimate?

Then, there’s also the fact that the domain name is only a week old. This site was registered on the 2nd of this month. New sites are almost always scam sites, especially when they only register for one year. Guess how long this site is registerd for.

The prices are super low, and probably because the products are either stolen, or "graymarket goods", which are goods that are intended to be sold outside the US, but turned around and sold inside the country. It’s a highly questionable practice.

Stick with trustworth sites. Dino isn’t one of them.

luishugo
      Participant

Hey Mr. Jim apreciated ..your information is really valuable ..do you have some trustable sites to but a GL camera..? I will ike your recomendations , and thanks again. X-D

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sure thing. Head over to http://www.bhphotovideo.com for all your equipment needs. They’ve always been good to me, anyway.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best microphone for YouTube β€” 2021

One of the most common mistakes beginning video producers make is to overlook audio. Little do these beginners know that audiences are quicker to stop watching a video because of lousy sound quality than they are for poor video. Sound...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN