Info Request: GL2 compatibility with Class 10 SDHC

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Does anyone know if the GL2 will work with a class 10 card? Also will the memory card allow video capture or only stills?

My instinct says that I’m probably safer to use tape anyway, but if anyone has a different opinion then this is the place to share it!

I had a few problems with my old Panasonic camera using miniDV tape but generally it worked well.

Participant

Our Canon GL2 can only capture still images to the SD card.  The class 10 card should work, though I have not tested it.  I recently purchased a Class 10 card for my Sony camcorder and it works without issues.  Usually these cards are backward compatible, they can operate slower than their rated speed but not faster.

Inactive

Ah, ok thanks for that. I didn’t know for certain that a C10 could run at C6 speed, for example. I might pick up the SD card anyway so I can use the camera as a photo camera if the need arises. Thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap