in computer dv player /recorder ?

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I use a jvc dual deck to put my dv tapes into the computer to avoid using the camera. is there any other dv deck sutable for this? like even one that fits into a drive bay?

i cant seem to locate any

Inactive

There are no other affordable Mini DV VCRs on the market. Although you’re absolutely right–there’s no reason why something like this couldn’t fit in a drive bay. It seems like there was one like this a long time ago, but I don’t remember very much about it. I want to say Sony did this?
      Another thing that would work well would be to just buy a cheap camcorder and use it as a VCR to avoid putting extra head hours on your more expensive camcorder. The quality of the video that would be captured would be identical compared to capturing it from the original camcorder, since at that point you’d just be moving a data stream from point A to point B.

Inactive

thanks yeah i thought i saw or heard about one in a drive bay.

i found a few that do both mini dv and dv but i also noticed that they ONLY do it in SP mode and cost several thouasnd

Inactive

That would be the coolest thing ever to have a DV deck in a drive bay! whats so special about those decks and why do they cost so much?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best tripods for video — 2021

Carefully comparing and reviewing system specs will ultimately help you find the best tripod to fit your needs and your budget.
homicide-bootstrap