Improve Preview Smoothness? – What Could I Do?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

i have vegas pro 8, and my PC has 8gigs of ram, about 600gigs of memory plus an external 640gb harddrive….it has an AMD quad-core processor…and im editing unprofessional miniDV footage form a consumer camcorder with not very good quality, BUT when Im editing my preview video lags and goes like at 20 frames when i do some effects…i think my computer shouldnt be doing this.. Any suggestions on what I can do?…

Participant

This is very common when previewing unedited video and a bunch of effects/overlays simultaneously. Gets kinda annoying with my dual core 1.66 GHz – it’s often hardto preview video with change in speed, effects applied, transitions, etc.

You might be able to adjust the picture quality of your preview screen (this will not affect the ultimate result of the video quality).

Inactive

Rendering the video should help with the preview

Inactive

make sure the temp files are using the internal HDD

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap