Importing to Premiere

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have some footage that I edited on some other software. Made myself a copy on dvd. Tried to import this into Pro 2.0 but it doesnt seem to like the file types.

the dvd files are are in two folders labeled Video TS and Sonic. In the Video folder the files are VOB, IFO and BUP and in the Sonic folder the files include Jpegs etc.

Why wont PP2.0 accept these files?

Rather how do we convert those files into something that is acceptable to PP2.0?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ha Ha LMAO! Today was the first day we had any snow up here and even then, it nothing to write home about. A mere dusting which will likely melt by tomorrow. Oddly, we are in some sort of time warped isolated pocket (Greater Toronto Area) Havent shoveled the drive way yet this season (thank you Global Warming) 😯

Well, I wish I still had the dv tapes but I thought Id never use the footage again of a wedding (not my wedding) and taped over it.

So you think I need another program huh?

I was hoping you were going to say, you could run it out of the original program (Sonic Foundry’s Video Explosion Deluxe – Now discontinued) http://dvformat.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=14046
      then somehow magically back into PP.

mrbeasley
      Participant

Have you tried to re-capture it?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mr Beasley

well, I dont have the original tape and I dont have a line in feature on my camera so the only option seems to be that program that Compusolver was talking about.

I did try some free rippers from Download.com – DL.com claims to be spyware free however I had 52 hijackers on my system and over 1000 registry problems (now fixed) I cant say for sure but Im pretty sure they came from there cause that was the only place I downloaded programs from.

so, in answer to your question, no. Its odd that the dvd will play on a dvd player but will not get captured to PP.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN