Importing .MTS files without any quality loss!

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Importing .MTS files without any quality loss!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I recently shot a short documentary in Uganda for a non-profit with an HD camera. I left the camera with the organization and took the .Mts files back home on an external hard drive. Found out they won’t import, oh no!

So I looked into converting them and have downloaded almost a dozen programs to convert the files but there is ALWAYS a noticeable quality loss. It has become REALLY frustrating and I need some solid advice on how to get this video in the Premiere at good quality. I need a good converting program. Work-arounds? What format should I convert into?

I also have Premiere Pro 1.5. I know it’s a little older but it’s all I’ve got (and can afford). Thank you VERY MUCH for the help!

Participant

Have you tried creating avi intermediary files using Neoscene, then converting back to .mts? Works very well.

Jack

Participant

Hmmm. My reply never showed up.

I said that I have used AVDHD UpShift from NewBlueFX/VASST. It converts MTS files to lightly compressed MPG (higher quality == bigger files).

It worked great for me.

It’s possible the editing program is not using the full resolution to speed up the editing process. Premiere Pro does this. After the render is the final output still low quality?

Inactive

Birdcat – I tried your program and it is a really good one! I can’t even tell the quality difference.

The only problem is I have Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5, and it doesn’t accept .M2t files (which is what your program converts to…). I need like an AVI or WMV file… Do you have any other ideas?

Participant

try renaming the m2t file to mpg and see if that works

Nick, if birdcat’s last suggestion doesn’t work, I know Jack’s suggestion does. NeoScene might be your best bet (http://cineform.com/products/neoscene)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap