Importing FCP sequnces to DVD studio

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I know that it is possible to import certain aspects of FC into motion and Vice versa.

But is it possible to import sequences from FC to DVD Studios without having to render first? i figure this way if I needed to edit something, I could quickly do so and the change would be made without having to re-render and re-import anything to DVD Studios.

Inactive

Don’t know what sort of “sequences” you want to import. And since I’m not familiar with DVD Studios, I don’t know what it can use.

But I know a workaround that works for every application I’ve used it. Replace the file itself with the new version. Video NLE’s don’t save any video until you tell them to. So you make a change & re-render, then you open the application and load the file containing your changed file. Most often, the application will use the new version without a hiccup. And sometimes the program will notice a change has been made and might ask if you want to use the changed file.

I did love dynamic linking when I was doing a lot of desktop publishing. But in my video workflow, I’m done with the video before I have something to start authoring, so I wouldn’t really have a use for it in DVD authoring. But more power to ya’ and goog luck!

Inactive

To Brandon.

I’m not sure if there is any way to take FCP sequences to DVD Studio. As far as I know, DVD Studio Pro requires some sort of Mpeg Video stream, or a motion project for menus, to read the data. I’ve never tried it any other way.

What kind of quick editing are you talking about, because simple trim edits and audio re-syncing can all be done within DVD studio pro itself.

Participant

I just go to File>export>quicktime movie (not quicktime conversion), and then I import that as an asset when I get to DVD Studio Pro.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap