imported .mov loses sound halfway through clip

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing imported .mov loses sound halfway through clip

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 13 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey, I’m new to this forum, but it seems really helpful. I wasn’t able to find a topic about the problem I am having, so I thought I would make a new post. I’ve been searching everywhere for a solution to no avail.

I am editing using Premiere Pro and had to go through a silly series of steps to get video from a friend’s Sony mini DVD camera (ack!) via USB onto a Mac, export as mpeg4, transfer it to my PC, use mpeg streamclip to covert the file to .mov using the Apple DV/DVC PRO – NTSC compressor with uncompressed sound. The clip is about 30 min. long. Everything imported fine, except that about halfway through the clip, the sound cuts out. Anyone have any ideas? I did a shorter clip (about 6 min.) and have no sound problems with that one…so I’m wondering if it is the length? when I tried to import the .mov again, it had less sound.

Any help would be appreciated. I’m a novice at figuring out codec details. Thanks!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap