Import Panasonic Mini-DV camcorder files to Final Cut Express?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Consumer Camcorders Import Panasonic Mini-DV camcorder files to Final Cut Express?

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a Panasonic PV-GS39 camcorder from a few years back. It is a mini-dv camcorder. My question is about whether it can be recognized by my iMac Intel 24″ running leopard. I understand that a firewire cable is needed to transport video. However, should the computer also recognize the camcorder when connected via usb at least. Will this camcorder even work with Mac? And if so, will the video files be accessible in FCE to edit? Any suggestions on where to find a solution would be very helpful. Thanks.

Participant

Your camcorder should be recognized by your computer, however, it doesn’t show up on your desktop like a hard drive does.

USB will not work for capturing video. You have to use Firewire. I don’t even know why they put USB on miniDV cameras.

FCE will be able to edit your video. When you capture, it automatically turns your video into .mov files, which is the preferred format for FCE and FCP.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Video Reference Monitor Buyer’s Guide

The best video monitors — 2020

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap